Monday, January 7, 2019

In Search of the Newborn King



  This past weekend we celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany. I'm always amazed when I hear this story.  These men traveled so far in search of baby Jesus. They were guided by a single star, a sign from heaven.  I wonder if they had ever felt lost or questioned if they were on the right path?
  Have you ever wondered if you were on the right path? I have to admit, I have had plenty of those moments in my life. I'm sure if I had a bird's eye view of my life's journey so far, I would see that I have veered right and left quite a bit, and there were plenty of times I kept going in circles. It's frustrating because I desire to take the most direct route to Jesus, but apparently lots of little things seem to distract and confuse me. I look for signs from heaven, too, but I am not always wise enough to recognize them.  Sometimes I wonder how will I find the newborn King?
  Fortunately, I have discovered the best way to find Him is to kneel down, open my heart, and call His name. No matter how lost I may be, Jesus hears my voice and comes to me. I am completely amazed with God's love. I am nothing but a grain of sand in a vast desert, yet He picks me up and wraps me in His love, as if I were the only grain of sand. I do not have frankincense, gold, or myrrh to offer. Instead I offer Jesus my trust, my heart, and my will.  Amazingly, these gifts are enough to make the little baby Jesus smile.

-Susan