Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Knocking Down Walls


  As I knelt to pray, I looked around and wondered to myself, "When did these walls get here?"  They were tall and wide and obstructed my view.  "Lord, where are you?" I called out.
  "I am here, my child."
  "But I can't see you."
  "That's because you built those walls."
  "I built these walls?  I don't remember doing that. Why would I build a wall that separated me from You?"
  "I wonder about that, too," answered God.
  "My Lord, I want nothing to come between us."
  "The power to remove these walls resides in you," replied God.
  I thought about this for a minute. I very slowly and deliberately made the sign of the cross as I said, "I believe in the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit." I saw one wall crumble to the ground.  "Jesus," I cried out, "I place all my trust in You."  Instantly, another wall came crashing down.  I began thinking about some of my recent decisions, and with sorrow I said,  "Lord, I desire Your Will over my own." The third wall smashed into pieces.  "God I want to love you with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul." The last wall completely disintegrated and my Lord was standing there with His arms wide open.  In an instant I ran to His arms and was completely immersed in His love.  "My Lord, please never let go of me."
  "My dear child, it is not My arms that ever let go. It is your arms that let go of Me."

-Susan