Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A Little Spring Cleaning


  I was vacuuming the kitchen when I noticed the crumbs weren't being picked up.  I shut off the vacuum, got down on my knees and took a closer look.  That's when I saw the problem.  One of the tubes wasn't completely connected.  
  My daughter was watching me and commented, "I noticed it wasn't working very good for me either."
  "Why didn't you tell me?"  I asked.  "I even asked you if you had vacuumed your room."
  "I did vacuum," she answered.  "It's not my fault if it didn't clean anything."
   I shook my head. "Well if it wasn't working, you should have asked for help. You can't just go through the motions and say you cleaned."  And so it is with our sins.  We can't just say we are sorry and not change our habits.  Sometimes in order to clean up our mistakes, we need to get down on our hands and knees and take a good look at what is causing the problem.  We need to be honest with God and with ourselves.  
  This week try to spend some quiet, one-on-one time with God reflecting on your life.  The better your connection with God, the better your chance will be of avoiding sin in the future. 

-Susan