Tuesday, October 31, 2017

It's Going To Be Sweet!


  Today on all Hallow's Eve, the neighborhoods will be filled with kids chanting "Trick or Treat" as their bags get heavier with candy.  I have passed this fun tradition down to my children as well.  But it got me thinking....instead of going trick-or-treating, what if I had taught my children to say, "Bless and guide" as we remembered as many saints as we could from 6-8pm?  Would we be amazed at how generous the saints were to us?  Would we sort out all our blessings and talk about our favorites? Would we trade and share their words of wisdom with each other? Would our lives be completely different?  
  I hope you all enjoy the festivities of today, but more importantly, I hope you remember how much more important, celebrating the festivities of tomorrow will be.  I hope you find attending mass on All Saints Day to be even sweeter than a bag of candy. God is gathering us all around the family table tomorrow,  don't miss out on the big family reunion! See you there!

-Susan