Saturday, October 7, 2017

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary



  My love for the Rosary began in my late twenties after reading about the lives of different saints.  Each of the saints had a deep devotion to Mary and the Rosary.   They seemed to radiate with  joy, because they were walking through life with Mary.  Inside, I could feel my heart burning and changing as I read about their experiences.  I wanted to have that same experience.  I wanted to walk through life with Mary, too!
  The Rosary is a chain of beads.  One Hail Mary connects us to the next, just as moments in our lives do the same.  We meditate on the mysteries of our faith, and in a sense, the mysteries of our lives.  We meditate on the painful and joyful moments Jesus and Mary experienced, so that we may begin to understand the pain and joy in our own lives.
  With each Hail Mary, we pray that we may remain faithful in fulfilling God's Will.  We pray that we may have that same great love and trust in God that Mary had in her life.  Step by step, bead by bead, Mary shows us how to give our hearts and lives to God.  We pray the words "Hail Mary" and Mary responds with the words, "Love my Son," and bead by bead, she guides us.  As we hold the Rosary beads in our hands, Mary places the beads that are dangling in her own hands, and then gently pulls us closer and closer to her Son.  The Rosary is the path that leads to God's heart.

-Susan