Tuesday, February 7, 2017

This Little Light



  


  I'm not what you would consider a bubbly, optimistic person.  The sun doesn't always shine on me, and I'm not always absolutely positive that tomorrow will be a better day.  Sometimes the clouds rain on my parade, and sometimes they brew storms that shake and scare me.  The storms don't overcome me, however, because I carry the light of Christ in me.  It is His Light and love that break through the fog and rain.  His Light beckons, and I follow.  His Light illuminates, and my faith is strengthened.  His Light is constant, so  I never lose hope.  
  I am so grateful that when I was just a small child my parents  brought me to church.  I remember learning the popular Sunday school song "This Little Light of Mine."  It is a song that has quietly played in the background of my thoughts all these years. It reminds me that I am a child of God and He will never leave me alone.  I will never be lost as long as I have His Light.  And when the worldly winds howl "No!" all around me, and yell, "You have to go this way!", I just hold up my light and say, "No thanks, I'm good.  I'm going to go His Way!" And then I am optimistic enough to ask, "Hey do you want to join us?"

-Susan