Friday, January 27, 2017

The New Math


  I couldn't help but smile when I read this quote from Pope Benedict XVI.  I think there is so much truth in this statement.  I love being Catholic--the mass, the sacraments, the lives of the saints, and scripture all bring such joy to me.  I want to share this joy with others, but this often doesn't quite go the way I expected.  More often than not, I find that people are completely disinterested, or they are quick to change the subject, and I wonder why?  Why is it easier to share an opinion about a restaurant, a movie, or the weather, rather than talk about faith?  Why is it so hard to get people excited about going to church?
  Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to any of these questions.  I wished I did.  But until I get it all figured out, I'm just going to wake up every day and try to find little ways I can help someone discover the joy of Christ.  You know what they say, ''It's the little things in life that make all the difference."  The difference I make may be small, but that's better than making no difference at all.  Spreading the gospel it too big and too important for just some people to do it.  The gospel message needs to be spread by the sum of all people.  Just think of it as the new math. 


YOU + ME + EVERYONE  = DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS.

(I don't mean to freak anyone out, but the Teacher gave this assignment a long time ago and it is way over due.)  This is one of those group projects, and we all have to do our part.  Passing this assignment is something we will talk about for eternity.

-Susan