Wednesday, January 11, 2017

All Stressed Out



 Right along with eliminating world hunger and acquiring world peace, I wonder what a stress-free life would look like.  Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to worry about so many things?   I have found that most days my over-weight friend "Worry" accompanies me wherever I go.  He has this annoying way of interrupting my thoughts and making my problems seem even bigger.  And if that wasn't enough to deal with, he has a twin brother named "Guilt" who always seems to stay right beside him.  What's annoying is that these twin brothers, Guilt and Worry, like to analyze my life and let me know how I could have done something better or how I never should have handled things that way.
  Life is not straight forward.  To quote a popular saying let's just say, "It's complicated."  Everyone has problems and everyone is struggling to get it right.  Perfection is an unattainable goal.  Maybe that's why Jesus spoke so much about forgiveness.  We have to forgive each other and ourselves, and trust that God will always love us, even when we make mistakes.
  I have decided to take a "trust walk" with Jesus, and I'm going to let my friends Worry and Guilt come along.  I think we could all benefit from some time with Jesus.  Exercise is good for the body and the soul, and I think the three of us (Me, Worry, & Guilt) could all use to lose a little weight. 

-Susan