Monday, September 14, 2020

How Do You See things?



     Many of us are familiar with the saying “Is the glass half empty or half full? “  I wondered if we could each ask ourselves the same question about our faith life. Is my faith life half empty or half full?  Is attending Sunday Mass an obligation or is it an amazing encounter with Jesus?  Is praying just a daily habit or is it the best part of my day? Do I complain about my problems    or do I pray, "Jesus I trust in You?" Am I trying to become more successful or more loving?   Do I want more out of life or more of God’s life in me?  Do I long to dwell in the Kingdom or is the Kingdom dwelling in me?

  Sometimes I make the mistake of viewing things from the wrong point of view. Not only do I need to carry my faith in my heart, but I need to put my heart into my faith.  It's important to realize that the cup isn’t half empty because God didn’t give us enough, the cup is half empty because He wanted to give us everything:

 “drink from this all of you for this is my blood of the covenant which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.”  Mat 26:28


-Susan