Monday, August 24, 2020

The Sky Is The Limit



  My sister invited me to come stay at her summer house last month.  It is in a quiet little town a few hours away from my home.  The first night there she said, "It's a clear night and I want to see the comet everyone's talking about.  Do you want to come?"
  "Sure." I answered.  We got into her car and drove to the top of the bluff.  When we stepped out of the car and looked up, I was in awe.  I had never seen so many stars in my life.  It was breathtaking.  Within a few minutes we found the comet just below the Big Dipper. It was an exciting discovery!  As I stood there gazing at all those stars, I thanked God for sharing this moment with me.  It was so beautiful and peaceful.  The night sky looked so much different than it did back home.
  While I was praying  today, I was suddenly reminded of that night.  I felt there was a connection between that beautiful night and my pray life.  Sometimes when I pray, I feel like I do when I'm at home looking at the stars.  I can only see a few possibilities, because my vision is limited.  God, however, is full of possibilities!  That's why it is so important for me to spend time away from everything else and just be with God.  God helps me to see that there are possibilities that I have not even imagined.  God's ways are so much higher than my ways.  I need to trust Him.  That night, my plan was to see the comet, but I realize now, that sometimes God may want to open my eyes to see a much bigger picture.

-Susan