Sunday, October 20, 2019

How Beautiful!

Always stay close to this heavenly Mother, because she is the sea to be crossed to reach the shores of eternal splendor.
St. Pio

 This past summer I found myself a little early for work.  I was pleasantly surprised when  I didn’t hit any construction or traffic.  I wondered what I should do with my extra 15 minutes. I remembered seeing a church down the road and headed in that direction. The church had a long entrance with what I thought was a parking lot on both sides. I decided to turn to the right, and was so excited that I did. At the end of the parking lot was a beautiful Shrine to Mary!  It was the perfect place to say my rosary.  I almost felt giddy as I sat down to pray in front of Mary.   It was so special to spend this time with her! 
 The shrine reminded me of the times I had been in Italy. It seemed no matter where you walked, eventually you would come across a small shrine to Mary or a statue of Mary with flowers.  I loved that!  I loved running into my Mom all the time!  
  I have been back to the shrine several times.  It just feels like a little piece of heaven to me.  I wonder if one of the surprises of heaven will be, that heaven was in front of us the whole time, we just had to pray with Mary to see it. 


-Susan