Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday


  Yesterday my daughter asked me, "So, Mom, have you figured out what you're going to do for Lent?"  We spent the next couple minutes sharing what we both intended to do.  Our plans were completely different, and there's nothing wrong with that.  After all, we are completely different people.  We both have one thing in common, though,  our willingness to try to change.  We both desire to draw closer to Christ.
  Lent isn't going to magically change us. We have to do the work.  We have to change our own habits.  We have to ask the tough questions. "Do people see Jesus when they look at me? Am I really the child of God I was created to be?"
  Each of our souls longs to be united with God.  What could we do differently to make that happen?  My answer may differ from yours and that's perfectly fine, because if we are committed to discovering the Truth, we will all find ourselves united as one in the very heart of Jesus.
  Let's become more loving.  Let's become more faithful.  Let's live like we are already in heaven.  Let's become united in Christ.

-Susan