Monday, February 4, 2019

Let's Stay Warm



  After a week of freezing arctic temperatures last week, I certainly appreciated the pendulum swing of warmer weather this weekend.  It felt good to get outside again.  As I was walking my dog, I wondered if the cold ever gets to God. How many times have we given God the cold shoulder because our prayers weren't answered  to our liking?  As God views us from heaven, does He ever look at us and wonder, "How could they be so cold to each other?"
  Wouldn't it be nice if we surprised God and swung our pendulum of coldness the other way? Let's heat things up! Perhaps we could start by placing more trust in God when weathering our personal storms.  Maybe we could blanket one another with love and compassion.  Let's pray for the Holy Spirit to burn bright in us. What if each of us tried to make this a record high year for loving God?  Let's bring a warm front God's way!  I think that would be an amazing future forecast for all of us.

-Susan