Monday, February 18, 2019

Don't Set It Aside


  Have you ever spent a lot time thinking of the perfect gift to give to someone? Have you ever been disappointed when the gift was never really used?  I have definitely had this experience. 
 I was thinking about how God blesses each of us with an abundance of graces so that we may become holy. Each grace is a gift of love from God.  This got me thinking. . . if God is generously giving me graces to make me holy. . . .why am I still so far from obtaining that goal?  Sadly, the answer to that question is "me".   I do not always recognize, unwrap, or use all the gifts God has given me. 
  This week let's spend some extra time in prayer asking God to help us be more open to the graces He has given. God knows exactly what we need.  He gives us the perfect gifts. Today's grace is for today! Don't set it aside.  Just open your heart and put it to use right away!

-Susan