Monday, September 24, 2018

Seeing Things Differently



  Frances kneeled next to her bed and began to sob.  Life had been too difficult lately.  "Please Jesus, please help me to see things differently.  I am in such desperate need of healing.  Please don't leave me alone with this problem."  After going through half a box of Kleenex and a half dozen prayers, Frances climbed into bed exhausted and fell asleep almost immediately.
  Frances woke up the next morning with a heavy heart.  She began another day with her problems weighing on her mind. She wondered how she would get through another day.  She wondered if God had even heard her plea last night.  As she walked down the driveway to get into her car, she noticed something odd.  Her neighbor, two houses away, was walking her dog, but there was a strange aura of light around her.  Frances rubbed her eyes.  "Great," she thought to herself, "Now I can add vision problems to my list of problems, too."
  As the day went on, Frances saw theses strange aura of lights around everyone.  Some were very bright and almost had an energy to them.  Frances was fascinated.  It was if she was the only one who noticed them.  Just before lunch, Frances sat down at her office desk and noticed a piece of paper folded in half with her name on it.  She unfolded the piece of paper and read the message. "Frances I thought you might enjoy seeing how my love encompasses everyone.  I have my arms wrapped tightly around you today.  I have never left you alone to face your problems.  I am always with you. Love, God."  Frances quickly looked around and realized she could see God's love everywhere.  It was amazing! But what really took her breath away, was when Frances caught her own reflection in a nearby window. The aura around her was almost dazzling.  Frances found herself smiling and almost a little giddy.  Sure, she still had her problems, but knowing she had God's Love all around her, made her see everything differently.

-Susan