Monday, September 10, 2018

Total Joy


  This past week my family was blessed to welcome a new bundle of joy into our family!  With the birth of my granddaughter I found myself rejoicing over the gift of life!  How incredible is the birth of a child!  How miraculous are each and everyone of us!  
  At one point in our celebration, the nurse came in to give the new parents some instructions.  This of course caught the attention of my two youngest.  "Mom, she just explained everything the same way you did.  I guess you were right."
  I smiled and nodded my head in agreement.  In my head I thought, "Of course, I'm right.  Do you really think I would lead you astray."  And, it was at that moment, I realized there were times I may have responded to God's advise in the same way.  Why am I so surprised sometimes to discover the wisdom in God's words? 
  I wonder if He ever smiles at me and says, "Of course, I'm right.  I would never lead you astray. You are my child, I love you, and I plan to take very good care of you. "

-Susan