Friday, January 12, 2018

It's a Good Day


 "It's a good Catholic day," I overheard a woman say in the hospital bed adjacent to my relative.  The curtain between the bed was not completely closed nor was it a good sound barrier.
  I couldn't help but respond, "Every day is a good day to be Catholic!"  The patient and the Eucharistic minister both smiled at me.
  "Oh, would the two of you like to receive Communion, too?"
  "Absolutely!" I said.

  After we received Communion, I thought about how blessed we are to be Catholic.  The love of Jesus is needed everywhere, especially at the side of a hospital bed. How fortunate we are that during our more difficult moments, Jesus draws close to us, reminds of His love, and helps us to heal.  How lost we would be without His Eucharistic love!  Thank you, Jesus, for letting us know that you are always with us.

-Susan