Monday, January 15, 2018

I'm Counting On It


  I wear one of those devices on my wrist that counts my steps throughout the day.  I have to admit, I am slightly addicted to it.  Several times throughout the day I check on my progress.  Some days when I feel drained, I am shocked that my number of steps isn't higher, and I will force myself to start moving.  I like reaching my goal every day.  But this got me to thinking......
  What if we could wear a device that could calculate the number of times we thought about God.  What do you think a good number would be for each day?  What if we got a little vibration on our wrist to remind us to start thinking about God again?  How important would it be for us to meet our goal every day?  Would we have days where we would glance at the number and be disappointed?  Would there be days that God would be disappointed?
  Then I started thinking.....what if there was a device that could calculate the number of times God thought about us during the day?  Would we be completely amazed?  Would we begin to realize that we are loved beyond our comprehension, and those little coincidences in our lives were actually arranged by God?  Would we act differently knowing how much we are loved by God? Can love even be measured by looking at a wrist?  Well maybe not ours,  but I bet if we looked at Jesus' wrist on the cross, we would discover that God's love is immeasurable.   This is love you can count on.

-Susan