Tuesday, June 13, 2017

St. Anthony


  Today is the feast day of St. Anthony!  I am very inspired by St. Anthony, and he feels like a close friend to me.  Sure he has helped me find my lost items more times than I like to admit, but more importantly, he has helped me find God's love.  St. Anthony saw God in everything around him.  He encouraged others to discover God in the every day experiences of life, and his example inspires me to try to do the same.  I would like to share my prayer to St. Anthony:  


      Come find me St. Anthony 
       For I am lost; 
         Stumbling and distracted,
         Scared and selfish,
         I turned, and then turned away.
         Hear my cry-
         My pain and sorrow, 
         Return me back home
         To my loving Father.

                                                               -Susan