Friday, June 9, 2017

Make Room



  Lillian sat on her bed and stared at her reflection in the mirror.  She took a deep breath in and then let it out.  "I totally screwed up," she thought to herself.  "Why did I even do that?  I knew it was wrong.  I feel so bad."  She threw herself onto her pillow face first and began to cry.  After a few minutes she reached towards her dresser for the box of Kleenex.  As she pulled out the tissue, she saw the little statue of Jesus.  She picked up the statue and held it close to her heart.  "I'm sorry Jesus.  I'm really sorry.  Can you forgive me?"  Lillian curled up onto her side as she continued to hold Jesus close to her heart.  Twenty minutes went by as she prayed to Jesus.  She looked at the statue before setting it back on her dresser,  nodded her head, and then said, "I'll go ask Mom."
  Lillian walked downstairs and found her mom in the kitchen.  "Hey, Mom, do you think you could drive me to church?"
  Lillian's mom stopped cleaning the counter and looked up.  "Why?"
  "I think  I should go to Reconciliation."
  "Does this have something to do with why you came home so upset earlier?"
  Lillian really didn't want to talk about it with her mom.  "Yes....I said some things I really shouldn't have....I prayed about it, though.  Jesus said I should go to Reconciliation.  He said I need to get rid of this little sin because He has something bigger to put in its place."
  "Really?  What's that?"
  "His love, Mom.  He's going to help me heal so I can go heal my friendship with Sara.... Can you please take me?"
  "Sure.  You know I think I could make more room for Jesus in my heart, too.  Come on, let's go."

-Susan