Thursday, May 18, 2017

Teach Me



 One of the most common titles Jesus was referred to in the Gospels is "teacher".  I was thinking about this I took a walk through the park.  Of course Jesus was a great teacher, in fact He taught as "One with authority and not as their scribes."  I don't think anyone would argue that fact today, because we know that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God.  I wonder, though, if people still see Jesus as a great teacher.  When was the last time you asked Jesus to teach you something?  Jesus wasn't just a great teacher of the past.  Jesus still has so much to teach us.
  I thought the following line could be added to our daily prayers:  Jesus, teach me Your ways.  Then when you review your day, search for those moments Jesus has touched your life.  Jesus is a great teacher, but the real question is "Have you been a great student?"  Good thing for us, Jesus is always willing to let us re-do a lesson and correct our mistakes.  

-Susan