Sunday, May 14, 2017

Celebrating Mom



  On May 13th, Theresa and I joined the Archdiocese of Detroit in a special celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Fatima.  The mass was led by Archbishop Allen Vigneron, who consecrated the entire archdiocese to Mary!  Father Chris Alar from the Shrine of Divine Mercy gave a wonderful homily connecting the events of Fatima with the the Divine Mercy message and the role of St. John Paul II's life.
  After mass we processed with the Our Lady of Fatima statue through the streets of Detroit called "Greektown".  It was amazing!  People everywhere stepped out of the shops and restaurants to see
the procession.  There was such an energy as we processed.  I felt such joy as we sang Marian songs and people were waving handkerchiefs and yelling "Ave Maria!"  It was as if for a few moments, time stopped, and the city was sending Mary their love.  I felt so blessed to be a part of this special day!
  How perfect that the 100th Anniversary of Fatima landed on Mother's Day weekend.  Mother's Day is a time we reflect on the love and influences of our mother's.  Today, I will be
thanking God for both my mothers.  Both my Mom and Mary are enjoying the splendors of heaven.  I asked Jesus to give them both kiss from me and tell them how much I love them!  Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's of the world!

-Susan