Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Invitation Has Been Sent



  The Jubilee Year of Mercy is coming to a close, and yet this is just the beginning.  We have been invited to bask in God's mercy this year.  We have been asked to spend time meditating on God's merciful ways,  and then go out into the world and be merciful ourselves.  The more we imitate God, the closer we come to the heavenly feast God has prepared for us.  I hope you have loving replied to this invitation this year, and if you have not, please know you still can.  It's not too late.  Let God's mercy transform your life and continue to marvel on His greatest attribute-Mercy.
  As I was thinking about this today, I suddenly recalled the Parable of the Wedding Feast:

  "The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son.  He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come.  A second time he sent other servants saying, "Tell those invited, 'Behold,  I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fatted cattle are killed, an everything is ready; come to the feast.'  Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business......."   Matt 22:2-5

We have all been invited.  Please respond to this beautiful invitation.  

-Susan

( I have been busy working on a meditation based on a visit to one of the Holy Doors of Mercy.  I hope to complete and share this with all of you very soon.)