Sunday, December 29, 2019

"I Am the Light of the World"



  This is a picture of my brother's backyard on Christmas.  My brother is one of those people who's yard always looks impeccable and his Christmas decorations and lights always turn heads, but he was truly humbled as he looked out.  He sent me this picture with the following message, "God's Christmas lights are always the best...Merry Christmas!"
  I had been sitting beside my dad's hospital bed and missed the beautiful sunset, but I didn't miss the point.  Over two thousand years ago, God shared His Light with the world and Jesus continues to illuminate the Father's love to each of us.  When all of the presents had been exchanged on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, God reminds us that the best gift to receive is the Light of Christ. The world's lights of the season will come and go, but the true Light will never leave us.  My brother recognized that God had blessed our corner of the world with a beautiful gift this Christmas, and the best thing to do with God's gifts is to share them!

-Susan