Friday, November 10, 2017

Reclaim the Name



  Well I was not disappointed.  This week's Confirmation mass was beautiful.  I really enjoyed Bishop Battersby's homily. Towards the end of mass, Bishop Battersby gave the candidates some wonderful advice that I wanted to share with you as well. He said God’s name is holy and we need to reclaim the name. He said Jesus’ enemies use his name like a swear word, but we are not His enemies, we are His friends. We should remember that.  
  I couldn’t agree more. I hate hearing people use God’s name in vain. It hurts me to hear it, so I can only imagine the pain God must feel.  Whenever I hear God’s name disrespected I quickly pray, “Blessed be the name of the Lord!”  
 Reclaim the name.  Will this be challenging?  You bet. So who’s up to the challenge?  Let’s give them something to talk about.


-Susan