I was considering buying one of those small propane fire tables for my backyard patio. I shared the idea with my sons. They didn't like the idea at first. "We already have a fire pit. Why do you need that?"
"Because I never go out to build a fire for myself. It's too much work. I just want something easy I can use when I feel like sitting outside at night." They shook their heads and talked me out of it. To my surprise, they bought it for me for my birthday a few weeks later. I love it! It's easy to use, and it has become a gathering spot at night for sitting and talking. I never would have guessed a small fire would lead to some wonderful conversations.
As I reflected on the day's blessings, I realized it's the little things that bring us together. Mary knew this when she introduced all her children to the Rosary. Praying the Rosary is a beautiful way to begin a conversation with Mary, but why stop there? Invite the Holy Spirit, family, and friends to the table, too! The more the merrier!
If friends and family can't join you, I have another fun idea I've been using lately. Before I begin the Rosary, I ask Mary to bring a saint with her. Many saints were deeply devoted to the Rosary, and their insights can enrich our meditation. I've found this new practice exciting and engaging as I reflect on how the Rosary shaped their lives. It's also a wonderful way to begin preparing for All Saints' Day!
I hope this suggestion gets you fired up to keep celebrating Mary and the Holy Rosary this month!
-Susan


0 yorum:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.