I was at peace as I neared the end of my daily walk when it happened. My watch's messaging app went off. I made the mistake of reading it. The message instantly annoyed me. The path I was walking seemed to darken as I tried to manage my feelings and decide how to respond. I took a breath, said a prayer, and tried to relax and think clearly. As I looked up, I saw a bright light shining through the window. It was a clarifying moment—a sign to guide me. Follow His light. Peace will return. I walked forward, my eyes fixed on His Light.
Small annoyances can rob us of our peace if we let them. Prayer is the best way to handle these moments. I have heard some say they don't like to bother God with little problems. I don't feel that way. If something is bothering me, I talk it over with God. Left to my own thoughts, I often make small problems even bigger because I tend to overthink things. I need help letting go of my anger. I need God. I need to slow down and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me.
After praying about my little situation, I reminded myself that the world can deliver both good and bad messages on my watch, but the Lord is always good. He is my Deliverer. He is always watching over me, and if I raise my eyes, I will see His light. His light can overcome any of my dark moments.
-Susan

0 yorum:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.