Friday, November 2, 2018

Please Pray Today.....for them...


  I like the fact that the Church sets aside special time for us to remember those who have gone before us. Purgatory.  It's misunderstood.  It's seems to be forgotten by most.  It's one of those things that is difficult to talk about.  It is much more comforting to imagine the beauty of Heaven, then the place of purification.  To be honest, I was never even taught about Purgatory while I was growing up.  Guess who taught me about it?  Mary and the Saints.  Fatima, St. Faustina, St. Pio, St. Gertrude, etc. all talked about Purgatory.  So, I started doing some reading. At first I was really taken aback, but over time my feelings changed.
  I have found over the years that I feel drawn to pray for the souls in Purgatory.  Perhaps it is my way to practice being merciful.  I trust in God's Plan for salvation.  I trust that my prayers will help souls fully participate in the glories of heaven a little sooner. Remembering loved ones and praying for their eternal happiness is beautiful.  I feel blessed that God allows us the opportunity to let our loved ones know how much we love and care about them. I hope you join me in praying for all the souls in Purgatory, not just today, but every day.  One day we will find out just how important all our prayers really are.

-Susan