Monday, June 11, 2018

Eternally Grateful



  As I was walking up to my front door, I glanced at my statue of Mary. "Wow, I thought to myself, when did those ferns get so big? They are starting to obscure Mary."  I put my things inside and came back out wearing my work gloves.  I began to trim back some of the bigger plants and pull out a few adjacent weeds.  As I took care of Mary, I wondered how many times she has taken care of me?  How many obstacles has she removed from my path so that I could see more clearly?  How many of my bad habits has she trimmed back or encouraged me to remove? 
  Being a mom, I know I do a lot of little things out love for my children.  Many of them go unnoticed.  Most of the prayers I say on their behalf are between me and God.  I pray that my children will discover God's Will in their lives, and that they have the courage to act on it. I want the very best for them.
  When I finished weeding, I smiled.  Mary looked beautiful.  Her presence felt strong. For a moment I held Mary's hand and felt blessed her for all of her acts of love and prayers she said on my behalf.  I whispered a soft, "Thank you, Mary" knowing that I will be eternally grateful.

-Susan