Friday, July 7, 2017

Anything But Boring



  God is anything but boring.  Christianity is anything but boring.  Christianity started with a small group of people on fire with the joy of the Holy Spirit.  These men and woman were passionate, courageous, and willing to risk their lives for Jesus. Whenever I read about the lives of the saints, I am completely amazed how active and full their lives were.  Based on your own experiences, I would like to ask you, "Do you think God is exciting?"
  I guess your answer might depend on how active God is in your life.  Do you invite God into your life while you are praying or at church?  Do you invite God to come along when you are having fun with family and friends?  How about when your bike riding, jogging, singing in the car, swimming, etc.?  If you only experience God in church, you are really missing out on half the adventure.  The saints had such amazing lives because they never left God in church, they shared all of life's experience with Him.  Their prayers never ended, they flowed from one experience to the next.  They saw God in everything they did!
   Life is an adventure and it can be completely amazing if we invite God to be a part of our experiences.  I have been white water rafting, parasailing, zip lining, mountain climbing, and snorkeling all with God by my side.  My experiences are heightened by His Presence!  And to tell you the truth, I have had some very intense prayer moments on a rollercoaster car as it climbed to the very top of a step hill and plunged into the unknown with my heart racing and my voice screaming with fear.  Life is meant to be lived with joy and excitement.  I hope you experience some of your own fantastic moments with God this summer.

-Susan